East Kilbride FC – 3
Harmony Row – 0



East Kilbride FC recorded a fine Glasgow & District League victory over Harmony Row, against the odds at K-Park on Sunday to make it an astonishing SIX wins on the trot against their Govan rivals



Kilby went into the match minus six players from their squad, with injuries to Anthony McGarry, Anton McGuigan, James Cassidy, Thomas Marshall, Ryan White, and Gavin Millar being ineligible due to first team Cup involvement on Saturday. Brad Myles grabbed a spot on the bench after being out for 5-months through injury despite not having yet trained since November, and Scott Brodie was held back as a substitute due to a hamstring injury.


The home side started well and took the lead on 15 minutes when Aaron Neill and Conan Shields combined well to set up Scott Moore, who finished at the near post. Brad Main then saved well to preserve the EK lead before the excellent Jack Ferguson drove just wide from 20-yards.


Half-time arrived with EK 1-0 to the good, and Aaron Neill thought he had doubled the advantage on 50 minutes, but his hooked finish from a fine Fraser Robertson delivery was bizarrely disallowed for off-side. Worse was to follow for EK moments later, when Josh Macdonald was sent off after an off the ball tussle much to the surprise of the K-Park crowd.


Kilby made light of the setback and double the lead on the hour when skipper Fraser Robertson’s 30-yard free-kick deceived Andrew Crawford in the Row goal to make it 2-0.


The numerical disadvantage put EK on the back foot, and they had to rely on superb defending from Niall Sheridan and Findlay Tough, with Brad Main also in fine form in the Kilby goal.



Scott Moore almost added a third on the break, but drew his shot just wide, before Row were reduced to 10-men in the 82nd minute, when Conor McGowan received a rather soft red card for pulling Moore down.



Kilby finished the game much stronger and Mahamud Mumin put the gloss on a gutsy display four minutes from time, running onto a Conan Shields pass to finish low past Crawford and secure all three points.


EK will now face Eastwood Juvenile Rovers in the Quarter-final of the West of Scotland Cup next Saturday at Waterfoot

comments powered by Disqus